Marketing Yourself (The Editor/Journalist as Entrepreneur)
Learn how to market yourself as a journalist during this full-day session featuring speakers who have built themselves into their own brands. Whether you are a staff writer/editor or freelancer, employed or unemployed, you are welcome to join us for a day of practical sessions for survival in the changing world of publishing.
When: Friday, Oct. 1, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Where: Columbia College, 600 S. Michigan Ave., Room 401, Chicago
Cost: $10 for members; $20 for nonmembers
Plus: 3 raffle drawings, including one attendee chosen to win an iFlip camcorder
- 8:30-9 a.m. Registration and breakfast
- 9-9:45 a.m. Keynote Speaker Adrian Holovaty: Web developer, journalist and musician
- 10-10:45 a.m. Hot Skills to Maintain Your Marketability, featuring social media and job satisfaction gurus including Ryan Paugh and Shane Mac
- 11-11:45 a.m. Adapting to Multiple Platforms: Practical Tips on iPads, Social Media and More with Stephen Herner, Putman Media, and Matt Carmichael, Adage.com
- Noon-1:15 p.m. Lunch
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. Roundtable: Surviving a Volatile Marketplace
For questions about the event or the Chicago chapter contact Chapter President Erin Erickson or 630-625-1138.