ASBPE Web Editor
Even some B2B editors who were initially skeptical about social media sites are finding, to their own surprise, that they can be useful even for niche publications like the ones we serve. The problem is, keeping up with all of them can eat up a lot of time.
Well, here’s a surprise: Social media can actually help you to be a more efficient editor. That’s the view of ASBPE Chicago board member Erin Erickson. Along along with social media expert Lorna Li, she’ll present a webinar for ASBPE May 29 on managing social networks.
- Where should you concentrate your social marketing efforts?
- How can you complement, not cannibalize, the content on your own site?
- What tools can you use to save time?
Cost: $10.00 for ASBPE members; $35.00 for nonmembers.
- assess articles.
- contact freelancers.
- research articles.
- write articles.
- find images or video.
- find sources.
- stay relevant on industry topics.
- generate article ideas.
|Webinar speakers Erin Erickson and Lorna Li say how you use social media depends on your goals.|
At the webinar, Lorna Li will have advice on deciding where to concentrate your efforts and how to use social media as efficiently as possible. She says there’s no cookie-cutter approach to social media marketing; your strategy will depend on your goals, your audience, and your resources. In this webinar, Lorna will discuss:
- defining your social media marketing strategy.
- mapping your social media universe.
- identifying relevant social networks.
- promoting content on the social web.
- metrics and social media monitoring.
- prioritizing social media engagement.
Lorna Li is an online marketer with expertise in social media, search engine marketing, and online reputation management. She is the social SEO manager at Salesforce.com and founder of the LinkedIn Network Search Marketing Salon.
Please join us next Friday at the webinar.
(Update May 26, 2009: Edited to add more details about Lorna Li’s presentation.)