Teach Your Children Well

Photo: Tonie AuerBy Tonie Auer
DFW Chapter President/National Blog Chairwoman

I keep humming the Crosby, Stills and Nash (was Young there still?) tune when thinking about this blog post title. But the song just entered my brain and hasn't left after reading a piece written in Philadelphia Weekly about a college professor who feels conflicted about bringing students into an industry in turmoil. I think he's right to feel conflicted. I honestly remember going into job interviews my senior year of college wondering why no one had told me I'd get paid so little in this field. I probably would have reconsidered my career path had I known this in my sophomore year. Would I have been as happy with my profession? Probably not. But, I wouldn't have a framed print in my laundry room that shows a dude holding a sign that reads "Will write for food."

Editor's note: Sorry for the lightheartedness of this post. Labor Day created a short week and crept up on me.

Labels: ,

Comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home