B2B Publishing: Time to Fear?

Photo: Tonie AuerBy Tonie Auer
DFW Chapter President and National Blog Chairwoman

Sometimes, ignorance really is bliss. There are times when I feel like knowing too much information can be scary. I get several daily emails updating me on B2B publishing industry news. A few weeks back, I got one from Folio: that included a link to story wondering if it is time for B2B publishers to panic.

Well, maybe they didn't need to, but little ol' freelancing me; I panicked. Turns out the owner of one of my main freelance writing gigs was laying off its newsies. I immediately emailed my editor with a link to the story and he reassured me that he still had an office, so I still had work. *whew* But, what next?

The Folio: article's source said the sky isn't falling. So, I'll take that as some comfort - along with the continued writing gigs - even if they have slowed down some. What is everyone else experiencing, I wonder?

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments:
Hi Tonie...I read the same article. I see more and more writers looking at businesses to get writing gigs. I think there is much more opportunity there...and even though b2b publishers will be around forever, they don't have the financial resources or, frankly, as much need (to sell products and services) as corporations to do create consistently great content.

Best - Joe
# posted by Blogger Joe Pulizzi : May 16, 2008 at 8:22 AM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home